Thanks to Student Life we are able to offer scholarships totaling $1010 to help Pratt SILS students attend conferences on information science and technology. The scholarship can pay for lodging and registration (not travel or incidentals) at any conference related to the field. Submissions can be made individually or as a group. Preference will be given to ASIS&T @ Pratt members.
The disbursement can either be in the form of a college check or reimbursement for receipted expenses. Either way, the request needs to be submitted to Student Life by the end of the semester.
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
1. Send us a quick email at email@example.com to let us know that you’re interested. Let us know if there’s a specific conference that you’re considering.
2. Submit a short proposal explaining:
-What you feel you will get out of attending the conference and how you plan to participate
-Your planned expenditures
3. Cross your fingers 🙂
We will begin reviewing proposals starting February 24 and thereafter on a rolling basis.
Here’s a list of some conferences you can choose from, but feel free to apply for any other:
- The Information Architecture Summit presented by ASIS&T and the IA Institute is on March 21–25 (Wed-Sun) in New Orleans ($570 registration per student)
- At the same time is ASIS&T’s Research Data Access & Preservation Summit 2012, also in New Orleans ($310 registration per member)
- Collective Intelligence 2012 is April 18–20 at MIT in Cambridge, MA ($345 registration per student)
- Sentiment Analysis Tutorial & Symposium on May 7–8 in New York (the have a “special low rate for students”)
- Wikimania is July 12–14 in Washington D.C. ($35-55 registration per student)